(PRWEB) November 17, 2002
Although many smokers view Annual American Cancer Society Great American Smokeout as simply a pause of one day swell, thousands are turning to the Internet and a growing number of free tools to help them leave to break definitively nicotine? s powerful influence on their lives.
forums and programs have flooded the Internet. “It? Many SA to go,” said John R. Polito, founder of http://www.WhyQuit.com. “Arriving desperate smokers are surprised all they? Have been missing and the few that they really knew about navigation nicotine withdrawal. ”
WhyQuit is a forum devoted exclusively to quit cold turkey, visitors are provided with a directory of links to other free Internet support groups quit smoking to other restoration methods of termination.
Established in 1999 as a site of motivation, WhyQuit program has evolved into a multi-faceted education in which newcomers are guided than 72 hours of learning and cleaning nicotine before being allowed access a support group called free nicotine free. Once inside, a relapse of nicotine permanently revoke membership.
“It may seem hard,” said Polito, “but we? re fighting decades of waste that has taught smokers not to worry about cheating, drag, and not to expect success in their first attempts. “” With half of all murders of smoking addicts nicotine every day early 5000, they should be worried. “
Those who come to
WhyQuit during the American Cancer Society? Great American Smokeout s 26th will be directed to Joel? S Library, “a collection of 90 short articles written by clinical Joel Spitzer of Chicago.
, newcomers learn the law of addiction, how to approach quitting smoking and how to minimize the many common symptoms that often accompany chemical nicotine withdrawal.
Joel Spitzer began his career in smoking cessation as a speaker volunteer at the American Cancer Society in 1972. He later served as smoking program coordinator at a hospital in Chicago. Since 1972, Joel has taught more than 325 in six clinical sessions quit smoking, presented over 570 seminars, conferences and talked to 30 on health.
“? s an amazing man, “said Polito. “Many people claim to be experts cessation of nicotine, but Joel is the real thing.” “What? ™ s even more amazing is that he pays out of his pocket to help keep WhyQuit go, so that it can be there to provide free advice to all in need.”
a message appears to be spreading. During October, WhyQuit had over 42,000 visitors who downloaded 4.9 gigabytes of data, while generating more than 500,000 hits. Major efforts are being translated in Greece and Japan for a mirror site WhyQuit whole, while two other major online forums to leave copies of the full host of Joel? S of the library.
Besides the library, this WhyQuit tragic stories of young smokers in their thirties or forties who fought against lung cancer and lost. Graphic pictures of them on their deathbeds provide compelling reasons for visitors to reflect on the damage that smoking is the cause of their bodies.
According to Polito, the fact that tobacco kills one quarter of all adult smokers of average age of just isn? t be shared with smokers. “We hope that during the Smokeout message out.”
For more information:
Joel Spitzer: 847.328.7229
John R. Polito: 843.871.1659
Charleston, South Carolina
Forums Free Online Quit
Quit Smokeless – http://www.QuitSmokeless.net
American Lung Association – http://www.lungusa.org/ffs
QuitSmokingSupport – http://www.QuitSmokingSupport.com
QuitSmoking – http://www.QuitSmoking.com
Habitrol – http://www.habitrol.com/support
QuitNet – http://www.QuitNet.com (consultancy fees)
Smokeout Quitting Tips WhyQuit
1) Nicotine is the half-life in the human body is two hours. Within 72 hours of leaving the body is nicotine free and withdrawal symptoms peak intensity in the chemical and then start to decline gradually. Just one puff of nicotine and a new quitter will have to bear 72 hours of the most difficult yet. A rule ensures complete success – never take another puff
2) Forget the notion of leaving forever – an awfully big bite to chew – and focus instead on achieving victory in just one hour, challenge and day at a time. If you insist on measuring victory in terms of leaving forever then when you are entitled to celebrate?
3) Each time, place, activity and emotion in which you have conditioned your mind to expect nicotine can produce a new short episode of thirst that will not last more than three minutes (look at a clock). Most indices are reconditioned power with a single meeting. The “average” quitter experiences a peak of six episodes on three days looking for with the number falling to just 1.4 days per day per ten. In other words, the average quitter only eighteen minutes from the experience of significant anxiety thirsty the day the most difficult of all.
4) of natural fruit juice the first three days to help prevent symptoms associated with wild blood sugar swings – headaches, inability to concentrate, dizziness, distorted perception of time and ubiquitous sweet tooth. Cranberry juice is excellent. Nicotine, you indirectly supplied by pumping stored fats and sugars in the blood through releases adrenaline. Smokers may skip meals and not feel hungry because nicotine has been to feed them. Normal people should eat. It’s not a matter of consuming more calories, but to learn to spread your daily intake more evenly throughout your day.
5) showed that nicotine accelerates the rate at which caffeine is metabolized by more than 200%. This means that smokers need nicotine twice the caffeine as nonsmokers to get the same effect. If you are a heavy caffeine drinker you can not reduce your caffeine intake by about half, it is likely that you will find yourself climbing every wall in sight. Do not give up caffeine, but do understand that you may need less.
6) Exit to no other. If you leave for others, what will happen the first time they disappoint you? We call this “thinking junkie” and he is a killer out. Never leave your motivation for termination to anyone but you. It can be fun to have a boyfriend, but along the left do not lean on them as a primary source of motivation. So do not expect family or friends to enjoy what it’s like a drug addict during withdrawal and recovery unless they have never been chemically dependent themselves. It is not fair.
7) Although you may need to reduce your caffeine intake or take great care in the use of alcohol during the first week or two, not to give in your life when you leave except nicotine. Also, do not pick up the new crutches either, good or bad. Food can be a crutch, but can not so any change in lifestyle or sudden major, exercise programs, even. A crutch is any new activity that you plan and according to help you quit smoking. You do not need crutches.
8) In each episode is thirst less than three minutes, the delay is your friend. Get rid of all your cigarettes and build-in a little late. The chemical removal is not a time for mind games. You have nothing to prove.
9) Write down all your reasons for quitting, keep them handy, and use a tool like the face in these difficult times. Also, take some notes or leaving the video camera during the first days so you can document what withdrawal is like. The mind forgets life? S negative. Preserve both as a yardstick for measuring your recovery and a tool to renew and reinvigorate your motivation to remain free.
10) During the episodes feel like, you can:? (A) a brief distract your mind (try reciting your ABCs while associating each letter with food – A is for grandma’s hot apple pie), (b) engage in relaxation (une. five minutes shower, or empty your mind of all thoughts and conversation while focusing on your color, favorite object, person or place), or (c) reach out and embrace your desire A desire can not hurt you, you have cut or make you bleed. Take a deep breath and reach into your mind while wrapping your arms around it. Sense of its peak power of the intensity and then slowly begin to decrease as the victory is once again yours.
11) Your body? s recovery is likely to trigger one of the most vivid dreams in your lifetime. Don? T fear like her? Is perfectly normal. You? LL awake convinced that you actually smoked, when what your senses of smell and taste improvement are sampled odors can be released during the decomposition of tar in the lungs healing horizontal.
12) Although the metabolic changes can be for a pound or two of weight gain in just 90 days to quit smoking you can expect an increase of almost a third of overall lung function. The ability to develop cardiovascular endurance is a powerful tool for change. Quitting smoking does not cause significant weight gain, eat it. Two quick points. Smoking has been your old tail of a meal was over and you may need to find a healthy new benchmark. Also, with the power to nicotine us, many smokers are not used to dealing with real hunger. Whether you eat with a shovel or a teaspoon should be about another 25 minutes for your body to digest the first few bites so the brain? Skip s hunger can be disabled. Learn to eat slowly.
13) In dealing with symptoms, it is fairly safe to blame for leaving all that you feel during the first three days, but after that you need to take much more care and contact your doctor if you have persistent concerns. Smoke delivered 4000 + chemicals in your body. Some of these chemicals could hide or mask a serious underlying condition, or even interact with medications you already. It isn? T unusual for drugs to need adjustment.
14) Even if you leave an extremely violent and destructive relationship, the endless cycle of using nicotine to satisfy your addiction briefly creates a powerful bond. During this trip the temporary adjustment of the active smoker to former smoker comfortable sense of loss and emotional stages you go through are similar to those encountered in the death of a loved one – denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Don? T be afraid to seek professional medical help if necessary.
15) While quitting smoking, the next few minutes will always be feasible. One of the biggest challenges facing the new quitter in developing the patience to leave after a lifetime of sensing new nicotine arrive in their brain within 10 seconds of a new life. Give yourself a few minutes and the worst will happen. One day soon, you? LL look back on your biggest challenge to leave your greatest moment of glory. Just one day at a time, no baby and never forget the golden rule – never take another puff
clear = “all”